YTD Video Downloader downloads YouTube videos on your hard drive. This is a handy feature if you ever want to watch a video offline or convert it to a format that can be saved on a mobile device
YTD Video Downloader Pro Review
Below is the YTD Pro Review Details.
- Download High Definition Video: It allows you to download HD Youtube videos (1080p) easily along with many other sites:
- Downloading HD video: It is made easy with YTD.
- Fast and Easy to Use: The interface is super easy to use. Just paste a URL into the interface and click download.
- Convert Most Video Formats: It allows you to convert multiple video formats, including HD (1080p). No other simple Video Downloaders can do this as quickly or easily.
- Download Videos and Watch Later: If you have a slow connection and can’t stream, YTD Downloader makes it simple to download videos. Therefore, you can watch them on your own time.
- Watch Videos on Other Devices: it makes easy for videos to work on multiple devices, whether it’s iPhone, iPod, PSP, iTunes, or more.
- Integrated Video Player: It also lets you categorize, sort and build playlists from all your favourite videos.
Overselling: It riddles the app with ads and buttons that sing the praises of the paid version. This is slightly annoying, especially considering the free version works so well that it’s unlikely many people would want to upgrade.
YTD Technical Details:
- Download here: https://www.ytddownloader.com/
- Type: Video downloader
- Developer: GreenTree Applications
- Operating system: Windows, Mac
- Version: 3.1
If you want to store your favourite YouTube videos for offline viewing, YTD Video Downloader is an excellent choice. Even if you’re new to this activity, have no problem understanding how to use this app.
YTD Video Downloader Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I AM FACING AN ERROR WHILE YTD INSTALL, WHAT TO DO NOW?
Getting “Abort, Retry, Ignore” error when installing the latest version of YTD.
The existing file is being used by Windows and cannot be modified. In case you are installing the new version of YTD in the same location as the previous one, close any instances of YTD that are running before installing a new release. We recommend you to restart your computer and try installing YTD again. In case the issue persists, uninstall the older version of YTD by using “Add or Remove Programs” in the Windows Control Panel and then install the latest version.
I AM GETTING A “FILE NOT FOUND” ERROR WHEN RUNNING YTD.
To operate YTD requires Visual Basic Runtime. In case you don’t have it installed you will receive these errors: “A required file, MSVBVM60.DLL was not found” or “Class not registered, MSSTDFM.DLL needs to be installed on your machine.” The issue can be solved by downloading and installing the Visual Basic Runtime from Microsoft. Restart your computer after the install.
HOW TO UNINSTALLING YTD?
To uninstall YTD go to “Add or Remove Programs” in Windows Control Panel. Or select “Uninstall” from the “YTD Video Downloader” folder in the “Programs” section of the Windows “Start” menu.
WHY AM I GETTING A FAILED ERROR WHEN DOWNLOADING A VIDEO?
- There can be multiple causes for this. First, make sure you are using the latest version of YTD by opening the program and going to >Help > Check for updates.
- If you receive a “Pause/waiting for internet connection” or “Failed 6” error, please perform the following actions: Regardless of your default web browser, reset your Internet Explorer settings by going to “Tools” (Alt + X keyboard shortcut) > “Internet Options”> “Advanced” tab. Select “Reset”, choosing the “Delete personal setting” checkbox.
- YTD’s connection can be blocked by your Antivirus or firewall. Make sure to add YTD to your firewall’s list of allowed programs. If the issue persists, try switching your Antivirus and/or Firewall off and try using YTD again.
- If you are using AVG Internet Security, please disable the AVG Accelerator option by going to “Options” -> “Advanced settings” -> “Web Browsing protection” -> “Online Shield”.
- In case you use Zone Alarm, go to COMPUTER Protected section, then to Application Control. Select YTD, click on the > question mark (?), select ALLOW. Try using YTD. If the issue persists, please uninstall Zone Alarm from your computer and try again.
- McAfee can block YTD’s connection. When prompted about YTD’s access, please select “Allow”. If the issue persists, please uninstall McAfee and try again.
- As a final solution, you can uninstall YTD. Run a registry cleaner program and reinstall YTD.
THERE IS NO SOUND FOR THE DOWNLOADED VIDEO, WHY?
If you encounter sound issues with the downloaded videos, please update your media player codecs. Otherwise, we recommend you to use VLC player and download it free from here: http://www.videolan.org/.
HOW CAN I RECORD VIDEOS WITH YTD?
YTD Free Video Downloader uses the URL from the web browser to download a video. Copy the URL from the address bar of your web browser and paste it to YTD and select “Download” to download the video to your computer.
SOME VIDEOS DOWNLOADED WITH YTD HAVE AN UNKNOWN FILE TYPE, WHY?
- We can find several video formats on video sites. Most common forms are “flv” and “mp4”. YTD will download videos in their original format. In case a downloaded video doesn’t contain its extension within the filename (for example, is missing the “.mp4”), you will need to identify the correct the video file and rename it accordingly. For that open the video file in a text editor program such as Notepad and see if the first line of the file has “flv” or “mp4” in it.
- If your computer doesn’t recognize a certain format and cannot play it, we recommend you to use the following program: VLC Media Player is a free, open-source program that can play almost any video type without requiring additional software. It also tells you what type of video a file is (load the video and select “Media Info” under the Tools menu).
I AM ASKING FOR A USERNAME/PASSWORD WHEN DOWNLOADING A VIDEO FROM FACEBOOK, WHY?
A login required by Facebook to access any content. YTD will prompt you for your Facebook username and password when each time when you want to download a video from Facebook. Enter the same username and password you used to log in to Facebook.
I AM USING A PROXY SERVER FOR DOWNLOADING.
YTD uses the default proxy server defined in Internet Explorer Options. Set your proxy settings there.
The proxy server is requesting a password.
YTD DOES NOT ALLOW THE USE OF A PASSWORD FOR HTTP PROXY.
Converting and playing videos
WHY I AM RECEIVING AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN ATTEMPTING TO CONVERT?
- In case you receive the following message: “The conversion of your video file has failed, etc.” please check the file name under “Select video file” and make sure it is appropriately set.
- This filename needs to be a full path to the file, not just the name of the data. For example, if you downloaded a video and saved it as “myvideo.mp4” in your “C:Videos” folder, the “Select video file” box should have “C: Videos myvideo.mp4” in it not just “myvideo.mp4” (no directory name) or “C: Videos myvideo” (no file extension, e.g. “.mp4”).
- To get the entire file path in the “Select video file” box, click the “Browse” button and locate the video on your drive, select it and try the conversion again, making sure the entire file and path are present and correct.
- In case you are still receiving the error message, you may miss a codec or have conflicting codecs on your computer. This is likely if you are using the older version of Windows or you have many video processing applications on your computer.
- You will need to identify what codec is missing or corrupt and fix it. There are several codec packs available at sites like download.com, e.g., Windows Essentials Media Codec Pack however we do not recommend, we do not endorse, and we are not responsible for a particular codec pack.
REMOVING THE VIDEO AND KEEPING ONLY THE AUDIO, HOW?
Go to the Convert tab, select the video file and choose MPEG Audio Layer 3 (MP3) from the drop-down menu. In the “Choose Quality” dialogue, you can select the quality of the mp3 output file.
Keep in mind that a higher quality implies a larger file size. You can change the volume or select only a particular part of the video from the advanced conversion options. Click “Convert Video” and follow the progress in the activity tab.
I AM CONVERTING A VIDEO WITH YTD FOR IPOD TOUCH, BUT HOW?
Since the iPod Touch is more similar to the iPhone than to the iPod, to convert videos for iPod Touch, please choose “iPhone Video” as the file type in the Convert tab.
I AM NOT ABLE TO PLAY A VIDEO FILE CONVERTED USING YTD, WHY?
It is possible that your computer does not recognize the format of the output file. For best playback results, we recommend you to install VLC Media Player. In case you are using Windows Media Player, you need to install or upgrade your audio and video codecs with a product such as the Windows Essentials Media Codec Pack.
I AM CONVERTING A FILE TO VIDEO DVD OR AUDIO CD, HOW?
YTD downloads videos from various sites and converts them to several formats. Creating a video DVD or audio CD requires converting audio and video to the correct types and formats, and the ability to write files with correct names and locations. There are several commercial and free products available that will help you create a video DVD or audio CD with videos downloaded using YTD.
CONVERTING TO PSP FORMAT IS FAILING, WHY?
Converting a file in PSP requires both audio and video data. MP3 files will not be successfully converted to PSP. Also, video files without sound or with the volume set to 0 will not be converted to PSP. Make sure your file has both audio and video data before converting to PSP.
I WANT DOWNLOADING VIDEOS WITH SUBTITLES USING YTD, IS IT POSSIBLE?
YTD will download only the original video. The subtitles are separately introduced in it and will not be downloaded by YTD.
HOW TO IDENTIFYING THE VERSION OF YTD?
- From the main screen, go to “Help” > “About YTD Video Downloader” the version you are using.
- Not able to locate the video files downloaded/converted using YTD.
- The location of your downloaded/converted files is displayed in the Download/Convert tab, next to the “Save to” label. Click on the directory to see the files. Click on the folder icon to change the destination folder.
- Changing the name of the videos downloaded/converted using YTD
- Go to the Activity tab and right-click the video, then select Rename.
- What are the Languages for YTD Free Video Downloader?
- YTD Downloader is available in English, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Chinese Simplified, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Kurdish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
YTD FOR MAC AND MOBILE DEVICES, WHERE TO DOWNLOAD?
You can download YTD for Mac from here. You can download YTD for Android from here. YTD for iOS is available here
HOW CAN I RECOVER MY LICENSE KEY?
Please complete the form here, and we will send you an email with the license key.
CAN I TRANSFER MY LICENSE IN CASE MY COMPUTER CRASHES, OR WE REPLACE IT?
Yes. To transfer your YTD Pro license go to Help > Transfer Your License. If you need to reset your YTD Pro license, please go here.
WHY DO I RECEIVE A COMMUNICATION ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER MY LICENSE KEY?
Something blocks the registration process. We recommend you to disable your firewall and/or bypass your modem/router to use a direct connection to the internet.
DOES YTD OFFER A FREE VERSION?
Yes, YTD offers a free version which is downloadable here.
DOES YTD OFFER A PRO VERSION?
Yes. YTD offers a Pro version which provides additional features. For more details, please go here.
WHAT IS THE VALIDITY OF A YTD PRO LICENSE?
The Pro license is valid for one year from the moment of purchase, for all YTD versions that are released during that time frame.
We recommend you to review the Pro license terms carefully before purchase since future versions may contain new or different license terms.
WHEN DOES MY YTD PRO LICENSE EXPIRE?
To view this information, please go to Help > Your license. There you will find the expiration date. You also have the option to renew your YTD Pro subscription.
HOW CAN I PURCHASE A YTD PRO LICENSE?
You can securely perform the transaction using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Banking Account or a Paypal account. Some other payment methods are accepted, as well.
CAN THE YTD PRO LICENSE BE USED ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS?
No, it can register the license on a single computer at a time.
In case you wish to use YTD Pro on several computers, we are offering discounts for multiple licenses purchased within a single payment.