This article covers 5 Best Extensions You Can Use To Block Ads In Microsoft Edge. We consider Microsoft Edge the fastest web browser available. Users benefit by being able to open web pages quickly, but adds slow down the process and interfere with the user experience. While browsing the web, it bombards users with pop-up and embedded ads.
Besides being annoying and slowing down page loading speeds, ads, and pop-ups:
- It can threaten users’ privacy.
- It may carry malware.
- It clutters your screen.
- It distracts users.
- Protect impulse buyers from making purchases.
- It takes up bandwidth.
- It drains battery power.
Best Extensions To Block Ads In Microsoft Edge:
As a response to this intrusion, developers have created browser extensions to block ads in Edge. Below are 5 free extensions for Microsoft Edge that you can use to block ads:
- ADGUARD ADBLOCKER
- ADBLOCK PLUS
- UBLOCK ORIGIN
Adblock Plus is an extension for all browsers. It supports websites by not automatically permitting some types of ads from appearing.
It also whitelists unobtrusive ads by default.
Some additional benefits of Adblock Plus enable users to:
- Add domains to a non-block whitelist
- Subscribe to third-party filter lists
- Control the appearance of the extension in your toolbar
- Create your filter
- Disable malware domains, ad tracking, and accessible social network share buttons
- Use on Android and iOS mobile devices
- Adblock Plus is in beta early development stages for Microsoft Edge. It means there are some limitations and issues, but it is still a popular adblocker.
Ghostery advertises itself as a privacy adblocker. It works to prevent ads, speed up websites, and stop trackers.
Some extra features of Ghostery include:
- Protecting your privacy
- Increasing browsing speed
- Blocking scripts that slow down page performance
- Eliminating clutter by removing ads from a webpage
- Choose from the multiple display options and insights dashboard to customize your view. This way, you will only see the information relevant to you.
Adguard blocks many ads, including those from social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube. It is like other ad blockers but has the added benefit of keeping your browsing away from social media.
It will block social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube from showing users suggested social media pages.
Adguard blocks many ads, including:
- Banner and text (Facebook AdBlock)
- Rich media advertising
- Video (YouTube Adblock)
- Unwanted pop-ups (pop-up blocker)
Adguard AdBlocker also effectively:
- Speeds up web page loading time
- Protects privacy by blocking third-party tracking systems, adware, phishing, malware, and spyware
- Blocks many dialer installers
- Protect your privacy, remove social media widgets, and protect yourself from online threats with AdGuard AdBlocker.
Block ads and protect your system from malicious sites with uBlock Origin, a lightweight extension to block ads in Microsoft Edge.
uBlock Origin gets rid of data or browsing history to prevent it from being sold to other websites by using an improved anti-tracker method. It is also:
- Easy on CPU memory
- Flexible and enables users to create and read filters from host files
- Customizable with many menu configuration settings
- Easy to turn ad-block on or off for any website
- Create block filters or choose from blocklists included in the extension.
- Usage note: the power button will only enable or disable ads from the site you are on; it is not a global button.
AdBlock is the model adblocker tool and considered by many to be the best. Since its launch in 2009, we have downloaded it over 200 million times.
- Whitelist specific YouTube channels
- Subscribe to filter lists
- Show ads on selected URLs and domains
- Allow some forms of advertising by adjusting the settings
- Create custom filters
- Block ads by site URL
AdBlock supports websites by not blocking unobtrusive ads. You will see an automatically generated notice that you have access to your website data and browsing history.
It is because AdBlock runs on every tab. It is not monitoring you, and you will never need to give up any personal information. Using ad blockers serves many purposes besides not allowing ads to waste your time or annoy you.
Ads can slow down your browser, spread malware, track your browsing history, and gather data about your location and interests.
Be sure to choose an ad blocker natural to turn on and off because some sites will refuse to display their content until you disable your ad blocker.
Select one extension above to block ads in Edge and enjoy better computer privacy, a better browsing experience, longer battery life, and faster loading times.